"For over 3,000 years, Ashwagandha has been used to promote overall wellness. Nature’s Velvet Ashwagandha* Provides calming, antistress & rejuvenating effects. It is a powerful antioxidant which scavenges free radicals in cells that are responsible for premature aging. Supports a healthy immune system. It decreases Fatigue. It also promotes Muscle Development It is a Powerful Adaptogen. Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera Dunal) is the most popular Indian botanical plant and has been in use in Ayurveda, the 5,000 year old Indian system of medicine, as a rejuvenative and a daily tonic for many centuries. It is only now that ashwagandha is experiencing major growth worldwide because of a burst of recent studies in pharmacology. Ashwagandha embodies the very essence of the preventative and curative approach to health in Ayurveda. Ashwagandha operates at the level of the overall body system by helping maintain balance in the substances and processes running in the human body. Ashwagandha is a small, woody shrub in the Solanaceae family that grows to about two feet in height. It can be found growing extensively in India as well as in a few parts of the Mediterranean and Africa. As a result of this wide ranging habitat, there are considerable morphological and chemo-typical variations in local species. However, the root phyto actives of both the wild and the cultivated species appear to be the same. The roots are the main portion of the plant that are used therapeutically..
Lowers Stress Levels
Ashwagandha supplements helps in lowering cortisol levels in chronically stressed individuals.
Has a relaxing effect
Ashwagandha has a calming effect as the herb had the ability to reduce anxiety levels, it improves our memory power.
- What is the active ingredient(s) in ashwagandhaAnswer:The active ingredients in ashwagandha are flavonoids known as 'withanolides' which are responsible for most of its health benefits.
- Does ashwagandha powder contain anything other ingredients?Answer: No, Natures velvet ashwagandha powder only contains 100% ashwagandha root powder unlike many capsule supplements which often contain artificial binders and fillers.
- Is ashwagandha safe for long-term use?Answer: Flax seeds because of its content in omega 3 fatty acids. They are important for normal function of the thyroid gland and therefore should be included in the diet for hyperthyroidism.
- What are the side effects, interactions associated with ashwagandhaAnswer: A: In general, ashwagandha is entirely safe to take, however it should not be taken by pregnant or lactating women, and is also not recommended for anyone undertaking a course of medicine that suppresses the immune system in any way
- What is the dosage of ashwagandha?Answer: Take two capsules twice a day after meals or directed by a healthcare practitioner.