A concentrated source of nearly three dozen vitamins and minerals, barley grass is particularly rich in vitamins A, C, B1, B2, folic acid, and B12; calcium; iron; potassium; and chlorophyll. Put 1 or 2 heaped teaspoonfuls in an empty glass, add a little bit of water, stir well to make a paste. Add the rest of the water, stir well and enjoy.
A healthy digestive system is one of the cornerstones of good health; Barley Grass is a natural source of organic sodium which is needed by the lining of the stomach to produce hydrochloric acid (without which our food cannot be digested). Also rich in digestive enzymes, these substances can help to reduce toxic and indigestible materials in food. This tender young grass is also extremely high in chlorophyll, a natural cleanser to the body which will help to counter the effects of eating processed foods and give an overall energy boost.
Extremely alkalising and rich in essential vitamins and minerals, Barley Grass is an abundant source of chlorophyll - a compound that converts sunlight into energy within the plant. When chlorophyll is consumed it releases a flow of oxygen into the bloodstream, detoxing the body of harmful toxins and impurities, it has the ability to bind to and flush out toxic chemicals and heavy metals. Barley Grass offers protection from radiation and cellular damage, regenerating damaged cells and tissues. It is such a powerful cleanser that it is recommended to start slowly to avoid detox symptoms such as headaches, rashes and nausea. This is normal and is generally triggered by the release of toxins from the cells and tissue, however should these symptoms persist it is advised you contact your health care professional.
Barley Grass is naturally high in many key nutrients that help to support the immune system, such as vitamins, minerals, amino acids, antioxidants and enzymes. It is extremely high in vitamin C which is crucial to the overall health of the body in its efforts to fight off infections – both bacterial and viral. White blood cells contain 20 times the amount of vitamin C than other cells and require constant replenishment to keep the immune system working to its optimum capacity. Alongside other immune supporting vitamins and minerals, Barley Grass is high in the amino acid “arginine”. This is especially effective in helping the body heal from burns, injuries and wounds
- What is barley grass? Barley grass, or simply barley (Hordeum vulgare) is a green grass and one of the world’s most popular cereal grains. It has served as a staple food in many cultures for centuries. Research indicates that barley grass has been cultivated by humans since 7,000 BC, and we know that Roman gladiators ate barley for strength and stamina. Green barley leaves have an abundance of naturally occurring vitamins and minerals.
- How do you take barley grass? It’s best to sip it slowly on an empty stomach, either 20 minutes before a meal or 2 hours after, so that the nutrients can be assimilated easily without the presence of other foods. Take either cold or room temperature liquid, as hot liquid will break down the live enzymes.
- How is barley juice powder processed? Barley grass is organically grown without using any chemical pesticides, herbicides or fertilizers. The plants are harvested when the leaves contain the widest spectrum of nutrients, and low temperature processing is used to convert the barley grass into concentrate juice powder.
- Is there anyone who should not use Barley? Barley is a whole-food concentrate, so most people should be able to take it. Those with severe medical problems or complications should consult a health care practitioner. Those on a restricted diet (especially in regard to “green foods”) should also consult a health care practitioner.
- Can I overdose on Barley Grass? NO, Barley Green is a whole food derived from freshly squeezed barley grass. You can't overdose on it. It is equivalent to eating more fresh green vegetables.
- Is Barley Grass good for losing weight? A.YES, Barley Green has only 20 calories per serving and has an abundance of nutrients. If you are in a weight loss program, your body will benefit by taking Barley Green. It provides vitamins, minerals, amino acids, enzymes, and proteins, minus fat and with practically no calories.