It is an amino acid. Beta-alanine is commonly used for improving athletic performance and exercise capacity, building lean muscle mass, and improving physical functioning. Weight training and athletic activities cause your body to produce lactic acid which results in drop of pH due to the large amount of hydrogen ions produced. As muscle pH drops, your muscle's ability to perform at its peak level decreases. Beta-alanine is the building block of carnosine, a molecule that helps buffer acid in muscles. With the pH now being restored, the muscle fatigue is reduced. Allowing you to Exercise more. It also has antioxidant, immune-enhancing and anti-aging properties. Can be combined with BCAAs, citrulline malate, creatine, glutamine for Better effect.
Beta-alanine May Improve Athletic Presentation Beta-alanine improves short-lasting and high-intensity exercise. Beta-alanine improves resistance training volume and athletes presentation who play in team sports, which may improve game presentation and achievement.
Beta-alanine Increases Muscle Mass Beta-alanine can help increase exercise volume as it decreases body fat and increases fat-free mass and increases in lean body mass.
- What is beta alanine good for? A. Most amino acids are the building blocks of proteins. However, some like beta-alanine are used to make other chemicals in the body. Beta-alanine is commonly used by mouth for improving athletic performance and exercise capacity, building lean muscle mass, and improving physical functioning in the elderly.
- When should you take beta alanine? A. Most studies are at minimum 3+ weeks, with dosages between 3.2-4.8 grams. Because these levels fluctuate throughout the day, it is generally regarded as best to consume beta-alanine before you workout, to maximize your carnosine levels going into an intensive muscular workout.
- Can you have too much beta alanine? A.You can get beta-alanine from foods that contain carnosine or through supplements. The recommended dose is 2–5 grams daily. Although excessive amounts may cause tingling in the skin, beta-alanine is considered to be a safe and effective supplement to boost exercise performance.
- Is Beta Alanine a pre workout? A. In fact beta-alanine is clinically shown to increase muscle pH buffering carnosine levels. Along with its antioxidant properties, this role as a precursor to carnosine makes beta-alanine ideal to take alone or as part of a pre-workout blend for a variety of fitness goals.
- Does beta alanine help recovery? A. Beta-alanine can enter a muscle cell and increase carnosine levels. Along with buffering lactic acid, beta-alanine supplementation may help with healing, muscle recovery, and muscle contraction.