Coenzyme Q10 or CoQ10 is a vitamin-like substance that is found in each and every cell of the body and it is utilized by the cells to produce energy that is required for overall growth and maintenance of the body. CoQ10 also acts as a powerful antioxidant that protects the cells from harmful molecules. The level of CoQ10 is particularly high in organs such as heart, liver and kidneys. CoQ10 helps to protect and improve heart health, prevent muscular dystrophy, and speed up recovery from exercise. But, the level of CoQ10 in the body starts depleting after the age of 40. Certain medicines and drugs also reduce the level of CoQ10 in the body. Taking a high absorption CoQ10 supplement such as Natures Velvet Coenzyme Q10 100mg softgels helps to make up for the CoQ10 deficiency in the body and supports heart health.
Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) is a natural antioxidant synthesized by the body, found in many foods, and available as a supplement. CoQ10 help protect the heart and skeletal muscles. But since CoQ10 production declines with age, it's a nutrient we should all be taking. Coenzyme Q10 is a vital participant in the chain of metabolic chemical reactions that generate energy within cells.
The benefit of Coq10, in terms of energy levels, stems from the fact that CoQ10 helps in 95% of the bodies energy production.
It helps in boosting immunity of your body.
- What is coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10)? Answer: CoQ10 is a vitamin-like nutrient that plays a vital role in cellular energy production. It is also known as ubiquinone because its chemical structure is that of a quinone and it is ubiquitously distributed in nature. The USP refers to CoQ10 as Ubidecarenone.
- How and when should I take CoQ10? Answer: As always, follow the suggested usage on the product label. CoQ10 works better if taken with fats and/or oils. Many CoQ10 supplements contain oils in the base and are sold as liquid-filled softgel capsules, but all forms of CoQ10 will work better if taken with a meal containing fats, or with other healthy supplements providing fat such as fish oil, flax seeds or oil, coconut oil, etc.
- Is CoQ10 used for weight loss? Answer: Assists in energy production in human cells. Limited intake of the Q10 supplement may result in little fast metabolism in cells. Proper diet plan along with supplement advised by an expert could be effective for weight loss.
- What does CoQ10 do in our body? Answer: The primary function of CoQ10 in our body is in cellular energy production. It is a critical component of mitochondria that are present in practically every cell in our body. Mitochondria may in fact be considered as fuel cells where biological energy called ATP (adenosine triphosphate) is produced. CoQ10 is also a potent antioxidant and it helps protect the tissues and the cellular components in the body from free radical damage. In addition, CoQ10 has other important functions in the body.
- What is the role of CoQ10 in supporting our health? Answer: Because of its fundamental role in cellular bioenergetics and also as an important antioxidant, CoQ10 plays a vital role in our well-being. Since it is involved in the pathophysiology of numerous disease states listed in the next section, assuring adequate CoQ10 status is essential for maintaining good health and preventing or reducing the risk for numerous chronic degenerative and metabolic diseases.