Nature’s Velvet Fenugreek also known as methi is used as a herb (dried or fresh leaves), spice (seeds), and vegetable (fresh leaves, sprouts, and microgreens). Traditionally, Methi has been used for a variety of purposes. It is known to correct & maintain lipid metabolism, thereby checking weight. Helps maintain normal blood sugar, Provides support to muscles & joints.
Fenugreek contains the phytochemicals such as alkaloids, saponins, polyphenols, flavonoids, lipids, carbohydrates, amino acids, and hydrocarbons. It is also rich in proteins, fibre, antioxidants and other essential nutrients
Fenugreek seeds contain compounds that can help strengthen hair roots. Fenugreek seeds are rich in proteins and other essential nutrients that help promote thick and healthy hair. And it also has antioxidant property which helps in maintaining skin health.
- What is fenugreek? Answer: Fenugreek is one of the oldest herbs traditionally used in ancient Greece, Egypt and China. The plant reaches a height of 0.3 to 0.8 meters and has trifoliate leaves. White flowers appear in early summer and develop into long, slender, yellow-brown pods containing the brown seeds of fenugreek commerce. It has been used in a variety of ways.
- How Much do I Need to Take? Answer: Suggested dosage - capsules: 2-4 capsules, 3 times a day. Most capsules are 580 mg - 610mg each. German Commission E monograph recommends a daily intake of 6 grams
- Is it can be used for breastfeeding? Answer: Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum). Fenugreek seed has been used to increase milk production since biblical times. The herb contains phytoestrogens, which are plant chemicals similar to the female sex hormone estrogen. A key compound, diosgenin, has been shown experimentally to increase milk flow.
- What are the side effects of fenugreek? Answer: Both the fenugreek leaves and seeds are considered very safe to use. There are no reported cases of adverse effects from this product. It’s an ayurvedic Product. It has been manufactured at a GMP certified facility.Contains No Preservatives, No Added Sugar, No Additives.
- What is the Nutritional profile of fenugreek? Answer: In a 100 g amount, fenugreek seeds provide 1,350 kilojoules (323 kcal) of food energy and contain 9% water, 58% carbohydrates, 23% protein and 6% fat, with calcium at 40% of the Daily Value (DV, table). Fenugreek seeds (per 100 g) are a rich source of protein (46% DV), dietary fiber, B vitamins, and dietary minerals, particularly manganese (59% DV) and iron (262% DV) (table).