*Nature’s Velvet Saw Palmetto is a herb used for a better prostate health and urinary health. Blocks an enzyme that converts testosterone to DHT. DHT is a molecule responsible for hair loss. Has added Vitamins and Minerals. Biotin Helps in hair growth Useful for Prostate Health and in UTI Retains testosterone levels.
Hair loss is a common condition that can be caused by a variety of factors, including genetics, certain medical conditions, hormonal changes, and the use of medications, such as stimulants and blood thinners). Saw palmetto is often used to balance hormone levels and combat hair loss. saw palmetto may help block the activity of 5-alpha reductase (5α-R), an enzyme that converts testosterone into a hormone linked to hair loss called dihydrotestosterone (DHT). It may also prevent hair loss by reducing the uptake of DHT in the hair follicles, which decreases its ability to bind to specific hormone receptors (2Trusted Source).
The prostate is a small gland located between the bladder and the penis in men, which is responsible for maintaining sperm health. saw palmetto could support prostate health and may aid in preventing issues like BPH and prostate cancer.
- What is saw palmetto? Answer: Saw palmetto extract is an extract of the fruit of the saw palmetto. It is marketed as a treatment for benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), but reviews of clinical trials, including those conducted by the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, found it ineffective for this purpose.
- What is the use of saw palmetto? Answer: Saw palmetto is most commonly used for decreasing symptoms of an enlarged prostate (benign prostatic hypertrophy, BPH), but some scientific evidence shows that it does not work. Saw palmetto is also commonly used to prevent complications from prostate surgery and for treating certain types of prostate conditions, such as long-term prostate inflammation and pelvic pain that is not caused by an infection (chronic prostatitis or chronic pelvic pain syndrome).
- What does saw palmetto do for your body? Answer: Saw palmetto is a plant. Its ripe fruit is used to make medicine. Saw palmetto is most commonly used for decreasing symptoms of an enlarged prostate (benign prostatic hypertrophy, BPH), but some scientific evidence shows that it does not work.
- How much saw palmetto should you take in a day? Answer: For BPH, studies have used a daily intake of 320 milligrams of saw palmetto split into two doses. The doses will be different in other forms, such as tinctures (a liquid preparation). Get advice from your doctor. It may take 4 to 6 weeks for saw palmetto to have an effect.
- Can saw palmetto help with hair loss? Answer: An extract of saw palmetto berries may block 5-alpha-reductase, an enzyme that converts testosterone to DHT. DHT is the molecule responsible for hair loss and also is involved in the enlargement of the prostate. But research is limited on saw palmetto's efficacy in treating hair loss.