*Nature’s Velvet Tulsi also known as holy basil, or Tulasi , is cultivated for religious and medicinal purposes, and for its essential oil. it is regarded in Ayurveda as a kind of "elixir of life" and believed to promote longevity. Tulsi is taken in many forms such as herbal tea, dried powder, fresh leaf or mixed with ghee.Relieves stress,Natural, rich antioxidant,It has anti-microbial & anti-inflammatory properties,It is useful in dry & wet cough, cold, sore throat, etc.
Vitamin C and A, phytonutrients, and the essential oils in holy basil are excellent antioxidants and protect the body. It helps in maintaining a healthy skin. Tulsi is blessed with antiseptic and purifying qualities.
Tulsi has a complex constitution that includes immunity booster, adaptogens and anti-oxidants. Holy basil is so good for boosting up the immune system.
- What are the health benefits of Tulsi? Answer: Modern scientific research confirms that Tulsi reduces stress, enhances stamina, relieves inflammation, lowers cholesterol, eliminates toxins, protects against radiation, prevents gastric ulcers, lowers fevers, improves digestion and provides a rich supply of antioxidants and other nutrients. Tulsi is especially effective in supporting the heart, blood vessels, liver and lungs and also regulates blood pressure and blood sugar.
- How can Tulsi offer so many health benefits? Answer: The unique chemistry of Tulsi is highly complex Tulsi contains hundreds of different beneficial compounds known as phytochemicals. Working together, these compounds possess strong antioxidant, antibacterial, antiviral, adaptogenic (anti-stress) and immune enhancing properties that promote general health and support the body natural defence against germs, stress and diseases. The essential oils in the leaves of Tulsi that contribute to the fragrance and refreshing flavour of Tulsi are a particularly rich source of valuable phytochemicals.
- What is an adaptogen? Answer: Adaptogens are agents that help the body cope with stress, enhance physical and mental health and promote longevity. Simply said, their unique activity creates calm where there is stress, and energises where there is fatigue. Ashwagandha and Tulsi specifically are two of the premier adaptogens known.
- What are antioxidants? Answer: Antioxidants slow down the process of excess oxidation and protect cells from the damage caused by free radicals. When cells are attacked by free radicals, excess oxidation occurs which damage and destroys cells. Antioxidants stop this process. The cellular damage caused by free radicals can be responsible for causing and/or accelerating many diseases. Tulsi is rich in antioxidants and is recommended to guard against free radicals and protect from damaging excess oxidation.
- What is the recommended dosage of tulsi? Answer: Supplements of holy basil extract are available in pill or capsule form. The suggested dosage ranges from 300 mg to 2,000 mg per day for general preventative purposes. When used as a treatment, the recommended dosage is 600 mg to 1,800 mg taken in multiple doses throughout the day.