Nature's Velvet Weight Gainer is a Carbs based formula to increaseyour weight safely. It adds the Calories required to build the surplus to gain weight.
Maltodextrin is a polysaccharide, which is a type of carbohydrate. After a hard workout, maltodextrin will quickly get energy and protein to your muscles.
Maltodextrin will also help your body to build muscle more effectively.
- Should I use a weight gainer? It depends on a lot of things. Are you looking at the weight gainer as a shortcut, a quick fix? The first question you should ask yourself is, “Is my diet in order?” In other words, are you getting enough calories from whole foods? Food is anabolic. Food is your first line of defense. If you don’t have your meals in order, then supplements just aren’t going to work as effectively. Remember, supplements are just that—supplements. A weight gaining supplement is not meant to be a substitute for food. It should “supplement” your existing food/meal plan.
- So then who should use a weight gainer? Basically, you can use a weight gainer if you’re looking to add extra calories to your diet. It might be a convenience issue—it’s a lot easier to mix up a pre-made shake than prepare a full meal. Or, it might be that you have a small appetite. A solid weight gainer, because it digests quickly and efficiently (improved “gastric emptying”), will make it possible to eat another meal without feeling overly “full”.
- When is the right time to use a weight gainer? There really is no “right” time. Depending on your goals, a weight gainer can be taken first thing in the morning, between meals, postworkout or before bed. Again, you should tailor it to your needs and what you’re trying to accomplish. There is no “one size fits all” approach.
- How often should I use a weight gainer? Depend on your goals. Remember, a weight gainer is to be used to supplement the calories you are already getting from a balanced, bodybuilding diet consisting of numerous daily whole food feedings. Depending on your diet and particular goals, anywhere from once to three times daily can lead to marked improvements. Experimenting is key.
- What can I mix in with Real Gains? Water or milk. If you need some extra calories, skim milk does nicely. If you’re looking for slightly more calories, try whole milk. In any case, shoot for about 10-12 ounces of either water or milk, to taste. Because Real Gains uses instantized ingredients, you can actually mix the shake with a spoon if you want—a blender isn’t necessary.